Wednesday, July 11, 2012

This Is My Canada


This is an interactive blog post, because to truly appreciate it I think you're going to have to put yourself in my shoes as I tell the story and try to picture the situation.

When I'm at work I try to walk to my office from the camp building as often as I can but if the weather is bad or I don't feel like walking I'll take the bus.  Sometimes the bus has radio playing while we ride it, but usually it doesn't.  This day though the stars aligned.  I was riding the bus AND the radio was playing.  Strangely, much louder than the usual background tunes.

Just as we pulled out of the parking lot, this song came on the radio:




What I want you to do now, is play the song but don't watch the slideshow.  Just close your eyes and picture being on a bus with a bunch of blue-collar contractor types while this lame song blasts over the speakers.  Imagine the loud proclamations of "What the F---????", "Turn it offffffffff!  Nooooo!", and "FRENCH???" and then finally, imagine these blue-collar contractor types finally accepting their fate and starting to sing along.

Maybe this isn't that funny to you.  Maybe you had to be there.  But for me, it still remains one of the funniest things that has happened to me at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment