Friday, July 27, 2012

Sorry baby spiders


Today I discovered these strange looking things on my front step:



I'm not 100% sure but I think they were spider egg sacs.  That's what Google Images seemed to sort of verify.  Whatever they were - I didn't put them there and they were made by some sort of animal or bug.

I know I got all sad about the tadpoles I couldn't save so it seems hypocritical that I threw these potential baby spiders in the garbage can.  However, about 5 years ago I got some insanely painful bites on my leg that the doctor said were probably from spiders somehow making their way into my bed.  I am moving out in a couple weeks but I would rather not have several hundred (thousand?) baby spiders hatching and then crawling in the front door of the house, regardless if I'm still living here or not.

And I'm pretty sure they'll still hatch - just at the landfill, rather than on my front step.  Sorry baby spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment