Monday, July 19, 2010

Thanks, MAGGOTS

I have some sad news.  Maggots got my broccoli :(

Luckily, I was able to sample a tiny bit of the broccoli before the maggots (of the cabbage root fly) completely killed my plants.  Oh maaan garden broccoli is so good!  Next year I am taking that website's advice and making some sort of barrier over the roots so those idiot maggots can't eat my broccoli.

I guess this is what gardening is about for beginners - getting your plants eaten by idiot bugs so you can learn how to protect them in the future.

I'm not going to post a picture, because it was really gross.  I threw the plants into my garbage can where I discovered that the bottom of the garbage can is covered in a few litres' worth of garbage juice.  What a gross day.

No comments:

Post a Comment