Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some things I like about spring

It's gotten kind of springy in Saskatoon lately, even though last night it snowed a lot.  But yesterday I was out doing errands for a couple hours and there were two awesome things that greatly helped my performance of getting places and carrying things:

1.  Not having to wear mitts.  I don't like gloves because they don't really keep my hands warm so I always wear mitts in the winter instead, which keep my hands warm but are also bulky so when I'm trying to carry my purse and my car keys and the garage door opener and shopping bags in or out of the house I always drop stuff all over the place.  It's like I have two fingers on each hand.  HOWEVER when I don't have to wear mitts all 10 fingers can be utilised in their full glory.  Garage door opener?  No problem, I'll just hang it off my pinky while I grab everything else.  Yesssss.

2.  Rubber boots.  Remember how I stepped in a giant puddle in Montreal?  The next day Brahm and I walked all over a giant shopping mall looking for rubber boots, and the only pair we found was (not kidding) $160.  No offense but that's insane.  So I didn't buy any.  But when I got back home my sister's friend had a hot tip that they were available at Zeller's!  And let me tell you, it is so freeing to be walking down the street and be able to look a giant puddle in the eye and just stroll on through.  Thanks rubber boots!  You're awesome.

Also, when it is springy like this and it snows a lot (like last night) you can just wait a day and let it all melt instead of shoveling!  Maybe not what you are supposed to do but oh well :D

I am starting some neat indoor gardening-type projects this week that I will be posting about soon, so STAY TUNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment