Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Some totally mint texts

This summer I've got three types of mint (chocolate, peppermint, and spearmint) growing in pots in my front yard.  I usually just put a few leaves in a glass of water to add some subtle and delicious flavour (together with lemon balm it is especially good, although Brahm told me it tasted like grass - whatever).  However my sisters started making mojitos one day and almost stripped my entire spearmint plant of all its leaves in one afternoon.  I was sort of annoyed, so my mom, one of the mojito drinkers, went to the Farmers' Market the next morning and bought me two bags of fresh mint.

It was a very nice gesture but since I normally only use 3 or 4 leaves a day and mint doesn't last more than a few days in the fridge once it's been picked (and does not freeze well), I wasn't sure what to do with it.  I don't have a good setup or area for drying it to make tea, so I have mostly just been putting a lot more leaves than usual in my water since I wasn't feeling especially ambitious to look up mint recipes this week.  My mom took one bag home and WAS ambitious to look up mint recipes, as evidenced in the following series of texts:

Mom:  Mint is getting a little wilted im going to put it im scrambled eggs
Me:  Hmm I don't know how that would taste
Mom:  Just supposed to bed it at the end to bring out the  aroma im going to try it right now ill let you know
Mom:  Its good just bed it at the end before you fold the moelet it bring out the flavor just egg and mint chopped or not you will like it bring

So... mint in eggs?  I can't imagine it being that good, and I can't work up the nerve to potentially waste eggs by adding mint and it being too gross to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment