Friday, February 11, 2011

Shows You Need to be Watching

Recently I watched through all of the back episodes of Cougar Town, because I heard that it had turned into something that wasn't about Courtney Cox having sex with 22 year olds anymore.  It's AWESOME.  It's done by Bill Lawrence who did Scrubs, and it does remind me a lot of Scrubs.  I must stress, if you've heard it was good but are turned off by the title, don't be.  A few episodes into Season 1 the show went in a totally different direction and became more about a group of 40-something neighbours who hang out and drink wine and play stupid games and learn life lessons (basically Scrubs but not about doctors and the characters are about 15 years older).  Some are recently divorced, some are happily married, etc. etc. but seriously, it is hilarious and awesome and you should watch it!  AND as a bonus for Scrubs fans, there are fun things like cameos by Zach Braff, Coffee Bucks, and shots of Scrubs being shown on the TV!  As well as Christa Miller playing the exact same character as Jordan from Scrubs haha.

Another interesting note about Cougar Town is that the producers have been trying to change the title in the 2nd season, because it isn't what the show is about (other than one woman who is in each episode for about 30 seconds to make disgusting sexual comments, sort of like a cougar version of The Todd).  So above the words "Cougar Town" in the opening credits this season they write things like "100% Cougar Free" or "Regretfully we give you [Cougar Town]". 

HOWEVER

The BEST show on TV, which I already posted about last year, is Parks and Recreation.  Better than The Office, better than 30 Rock (which I feel is struggling this season), better than Modern Family, better than the above mentioned Cougar Town (all my other current favourite comedies on TV).  Words cannot describe my love for this show.  All I can say is that I just watched the 4th episode of the season and I don't think I've ever laughed out loud that much at a sitcom when I haven't been watching with another person.  Seriously, if you aren't watching this show, you are majorly missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment