Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Tomato Saga Continues

Yes, it is the second half of October, why am I still talking about my tomato plants?  Shouldn't they all be dead by now?

WELL, I had a brilliant idea that the internet confirmed would work.  Since they are all in pots, and had many unripe tomatoes still on the plants when it started freezing pretty consistently a couple weeks ago, I just moved them into the garage to ripen!  They don't need light because I'm not trying to grow the plants, but they'll ripen properly on the vine in the dark.  Last week before I headed out for my work shift I moved them into the garage, and when I came home yesterday there were probably 30 or 40 ripening tomatoes to pick!

This is a good gardening tip so I hope you are taking notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment